Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 and 2.8 refuse to render certain HTML documents

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 and 2.8 refuse to render certain HTML documents
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:59:49 -0700 (PDT)

> From address@hidden Wed Apr 29 12:51:11 1998
> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:11:57 -0400
> From: Foteos Macrides <address@hidden>

<snip>
> ....  How bad are the effects of sending
> the contents of a binary file to your screen will depend on what's
> in the file, on your particular terminal or emulator, and the nature
> of your connection.  When retrieving a binary file with Lynx via a
> STARTFILE argument, you should include the appropriate switches as
> well, regardless of whether there's an appropriate suffix map, because
> that's more efficient.

Maybe it already does this -- though it seems not from a prior
msg about screen being screwed up -- shouldn't lynx CATCH any
crazy chars (given that it knows the user's current definition
of "crazy"), and SAY that
  "Just saw crazy char 'xyz, want to continue anyway?"
and if he says yes, then ask
  "How many more crazy chars do you want to allow before I
    ask you again?".