lynx-dev Override of server-specified MIME type

From: Jason White
Subject: lynx-dev Override of server-specified MIME type
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:17:33 +1000 (AEST)

I think that a good solution to the problem which I reported a few days
ago, taking into account the subsequent discussion on Lynx-dev, would be
to add a command line option which enables the user to override the MIME
type specified in the HTTP header. There is already an "assume-charset"
switch that operates in this manner.

Incidentally, I should have recognised the origin of the problem before
posting to the list.