lynx-dev Re: msg00798.html (was: 0x2276 handling)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: msg00798.html (was: 0x2276 handling)
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 19:40:33 +0400 (MSD)

> you do for character reference handling, though, because i18n URLs are
> not far from becoming commonplace.  The specs for them have for the
> most part reached consensus in the IETF forums, and commercial
> implementations have already been released.  As I've stressed, the
> v2.7.2 code will handle those, but the v2.8 code will botch them.

BTW, is there i18n URLs test online?

According to the code (I check it just now)
v2.8 seems to encode URL in utf8 (if change &lg= with &2276;)
and than HTEscape(utf8buffer, URL_ALPHAS),
but as we see from the bottom line
it obviously fails the same way as for &lg= :-(

Should we restrict the decoding of any entities with code>127 in URL?

Leonid.