lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.8

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.8
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 19:40:49 -0400 (EDT)

1998-05-02 (2.8.1dev.8)
+ Fix for CGI-related URLs processing (syntax:  ?x=1&yz=2).  To avoid interfere
  with SGML we restrict '=' as terminator for a named entity, this only applied
  for HREF= attribute translation (LYCharUtils.c).  (reported by Alex Matulich
  address@hidden & FM).  - LP
+ restore information in the INSTALLATION file for the DOS port on patching
  tcplib.  Also, clarifies the location of nullpkt.  It also clarifies
  that the PDCurses beta has incorporated some of the patches we made for
  the lynx DOS port. - DK
+ modify logic that updates bookmark file after removing a link to use copy
  rather than rename, to solve file-ownership problems (patch by Paul
  Gilmartin, though I kept the permissions check). - TD
+ reduce a little of the clutter in tempname() with fmt_tempname, and
  bad_tempname functions.  Though this doesn't address the security problems it
  does fix the problem with signed getpid values.  - TD
* simplify LYUtils.c with compare_type() function - TD
* add/use string functions LYLowerCase, LYUpperCase, LYRemoveBlanks (replaces
  collapse_spaces), LYTrimLeading, LYTrimTrailing (incidentally fixes core-dump
  in LYCookie.c) - TD
* rewrite read_cfg function to make it more table-driven (reworked from a
  patch by John Davis) - TD
* rewrite parse_arg function to make it more table-driven (reworked from a
  patch by John Davis) - TD
* omit -Olimit compiler option on Digital UNIX 4.0 (patch by Tomas Vanhala).
* modify configure test for acs_map[] array to work on Digital UNIX 4.0
  (reported by Jim Spath and Tomas Vanhala <address@hidden>).  - TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden