Re: lynx-dev May 4th subscription instructions

From: Howard Kaikow
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 06:38:42 -0400

I saw no evidence that the lynx-announce was shot down, quite the contrary.

The only open issues I thought were:

1. Should there be a separate lynx-browsers for users.

Note that in the few months I've monitored lynx-dev, I've seen little input
from REAL users, almost entirely from developer types.

Most users get turned off by receiving postings from a list such as
lynx-dev. If developers want to increase user input, there needs to be a
separate users list, users just are not going to regularly post to lynx-dev.

2. Whether any of the lists should be gatewayed to a newsgroup.

If there are separate lists for lynx-dev, lynx-announce and lynx-browsers,
only the last needs to be gatewayed to a newsgroup, but the first should be
also.