lynx-dev Table alignment

From: Benjamin Karas
Subject: lynx-dev Table alignment
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 09:31:45 -0500

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but...

I have created a personal webpage that aligns a table right so that it is
floated to the right and out of flow.  Inside this table, I want my text to be
aligned left and to display on the same line.

According to HTML4.0 Transitional (W3), I can use the ALIGN attribute in the
TD tag to set text alignment (p116,121).  This does not seem to work.  Another
option is to use set the DIR attribute for the table (p105), this does not
work.  I could use the DIV element (p67), but that inserts spaces and displays
one cell per line.

I have found no workaround that allows both lynx users and graphical browsers
to adequately view this page.  Could you please enlighten me?

-Benjamin Karas
http://www.execpc.com/~trukaras/ben/courses.html

--
"I never learned what homework was until I took M4."