lynx-dev problem at slcc to report

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: lynx-dev problem at slcc to report
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 13:43:17 -0400

As some of you may be aware, there's a service at
<URL:http://www.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/patch-o-matic.cgi> which provides
an interface to the development view of lynx.  It allows one to just
download patches without having to download the entire files.

Today when I try to access it, I find that it puts lynx into some sort of
loop.  Unfortunately, my trace file was deleted when it filled up the
remaining several 154 meg of disk in my home directory causing great
consternation to the rest of the folk on the file system...

There is apparently some sort of deal going on where lynx goes into a loop
after downloading the gzip'd patch file but before it renames it.

Just a word of warnings.

I'm using lynx 2.7.1dev.8 compiled on SPARC/Solaris 2.5.1 .