lynx-dev Character Set Question

From: Jason Castonguay
Subject: lynx-dev Character Set Question
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 17:31:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi there everyone!

On my ISP's shell account, they are using Lynx version 2.6.  I noticed
that in this Version, you can choose "IBM PC Char Set" as an option for
the "C(h)aracter set" in the Options menu.  On my own machine running
Linux, I have version 2.8 Rel.2.  This character set was not one of the
options listed.  I'm just curious as to why this is.  I found it useful,
because I connect to my Linux machine via IBM computer terminal.

Who knows?  Maybe I'm just too dumb and can't figure out that maybe the
name of this character set has changed but is still there <grin>.  Thanks
for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Jason