lynx-dev Re: Mailer Modularity

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Mailer Modularity
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 00:07:46 -0700

On Wed, May 06, 1998, Jason F. McBrayer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can you pass along such a script?  I've been wanting to use an
> external for mailto:, but have been to lazy to write one myself (I
> know, 3 lines of ksh using `cut' or 1 line of sed...)  More EXTERNAL
> definitions in the sample lynx.cfg would be nice to have.

EXTERNAL:mailto:${HOME}/bin/scripts/lxmail.sh %s:TRUE

#!/bin/sh
# lxmail.sh, called by lynx EXTERNAL for mailto:'s
# receives 'mailto:address@hidden' as it's argument,
# passes on 'address@hidden'
ADDRESS=`echo $1 | cut -f2 -d:`
${HOME}/bin/mutt ${ADDRESS}

If you want to include the page containing the mailto: , setting up a
(p)rint option offers more flexibility.  The first '%s' gets the web
page, the second '%s' prompts for a filename.  Depending on how you
set up the command line, you can give the Subject: or To: info at that
prompt.  At least with mutt, if you use the prompt for a Subject:, you
have to provide a dummy or default To: address in the command line.

E.g.:

PRINTER:include page, prompt for add:${HOME}/bin/mutt -i %s %s:TRUE

        includes the page in the message body, uses the prompt as the

PRINTER:mime, prompt for sub, dummy add:${HOME}/bin/mutt -a %s -s %s \
address@hidden:TRUE

        includes the page as MIME attach., uses the prompt as the
        Subj:, provides a dummy To: for you to change

HTH.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>