Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 and 2.8 refuse to render certain HTML documents

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 and 2.8 refuse to render certain HTML documents
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 02:27:10 -0400 (EDT)

980506 Nelson Henry Eric wrote:
>> Since the source toggle isn't used really often,
>> interposing a prompt wouldn't be a terrible ...
> Probably one of the most often pushed keys.  The reason why disk cacheing,
> (not memory cacheing, please), is asked for over and over again.
> It's a major thread right now.  In the two years + I've been on the list,
> it's been a major battlefield two or three times.

i believe you're confusing  2  things: how often  \  is used
& how irritating it is not to be able to cache the result when it is used:
i'ld say the former is "rarely", but the latter is "very".
i could live with a prompt following  \  quite easily,
but have long called for caching the result of  \ .
i also don't see the problem as a "battlefield":
it's rather one of those things which no-one ever actually codes
& threads wander off into irrelevancies (usual smiles).