Re: lynx-dev Re: Mailer Modularity

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Mailer Modularity
Date: 07 May 1998 11:51:05 -0600

>>>>> "v" == vtailor  <address@hidden> writes:

v> Somewhere out there, there is public-domain code for writing a
v> portable, cross-platform smtp mailer that obviates the need for
v> external mailer program with interfaces that vary wildly over
v> different operating systems.  I can think of a public-domain
v> Windows news program that has built-in mailer code which is a
v> candidate for this.

Well, that's not /exactly/ the point.  The reason for these little
hacks was just to strip off the mailto: part of an address before
passing it to a full-featured mailer program like elm or mutt to use
as an external mailer.  The only way to make that /really/ portable is
to write it in C, and that would be using a surface-to-air missile to
kill a housefly.

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                    R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |