Re: lynx-dev patches for cleanup of parse_arg

From: Heather Stern
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patches for cleanup of parse_arg
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 18:38:56 -0700 (PDT)

I ate the fortune cookie first, then read what Al Gilman wrote:
> My main concern with +/- as per the latest rev of the patch is
> that -option- may confuse naive users because the first '-' is
> used in a way radically different from the second '-' and the
> form _looks_ so symmetrical.

Given that I often use that construct for -minor- emphasis (to
compare with common *stars*) I think I have to agree;  someone might
even think it was a doc bug rather than really how the option works.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         address@hidden
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - address@hidden
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078