Re: lynx-dev Sendmail with dos

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Sendmail with dos
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 09:45:05 -0700 (PDT)

Please let us know which version of lynx for DOS you are using, if
you are using a precompiled executable whether the one distributed by
Wayne on fdisk, or the one distributed by me, and what sendmail.bat
file you use. Note that the sendmail.bat file distributed by me needs
to be customized by following the directions at the top of the file. It
probably won't work before you edit it, since the SMTP server on your
host will be seeing garbage in the envelope.

Feel free to write to me directly if you need help configuring the
sendmail.bat file that I distribute.
                                 Doug

On Sat, 9 May 1998, Dan Murphy wrote:

> I am running the Lynx 2.81 for dos, and everything seems to work
> quite nicely except for the send mail feature. I have the line
> "SYSTEM-MAIL:sendmail", and I have put in what I think is correct
> in the sendmail.bat, but when I click on the mailto link for my web
> page, and send a message to myself, just as a test, I don't get any
> mail later. I am using speech and screen reading software, so if the
> sendmail is generating an error, I can't necessarily see it. all I
> know is that at some point in the process, I hear a beep. I have tried
> this in both this version and Bill Schiavo's 2.7.1 version with the
> same result.

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)