Re: lynx-dev Core dump with cookie, using lynx2.8.1dev.9

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Core dump with cookie, using lynx2.8.1dev.9
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 21:05:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 9 May 1998, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> When trying to submit a form at this URL, I get a core dump with
> SIGSEGV at the time that the cookie is either accepted or rejected.
> I've tried with both parsers and with accepting or rejecting cookies.
> Anyone understand what's going on? This works with 2.7.2, but not with
> 2.8.1dev.9.
> "http://reservations.previewtravel.com/Login/login-returning.cgi";

I just isolated the problem, but haven't looked yet to try to fix the
code. The core dumps only occur if Verbose Images is set. Without this,
I can access this site fine, in addition to the O'Reilly site,
"http://www.ora.com/search.html";, of which I had previously reported core
dumps. Perhaps someone familiar with the verbose images code can try to
see where the SIGSEGV comes from. I presume that when Laura couldn't
reproduce my problems, that verbose images was not set.

                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)