Re: lynx-dev Lynx buffer mismanagement

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx buffer mismanagement
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 07:31:26 -0400 (EDT)

980510 Nelson Henry Eric wrote:
> It seems sad that lynx-dev probably lost a prime opportunity
> for getting real insights into possible weaknesses.
> By asking politely, we might have gotten a few minutes of his precious time
> to pinpoint a bug or two.  If nothing else help to educate
> a few people on the list who barely know c,
> but might at least give it a whirl if they knew where to start.

there IS a useful, constructive point in all this,
but Mr de Raadt has nothing to do with it:
TD's description of him today matches my own impression quite closely.
we DID start by being perfectly polite & asking him if he'ld like to help
-- "see the Archive" -- , only to be rewarded with boorish abuse.

the important thing to me is Bela's reaction,
which is to offer to do some auditing for himself:
if HE believes it worth his time, i'll go along readily.