Re: lynx-dev Lynx bug

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx bug
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:53:54 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Dirk Stoecker said:

> Hi,
>
> at http://home4.inet.tele.dk/vht-dk/amiga/warn/archive.html
>
> I get following Lynx bug:
>
> >>HTML: ****** Maximum nesting of 800 tags exceeded!
> >>
> >>A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.7.1

No longer fatal in

Lynx Version 2.8.1dev.7

File that you are currently viewing

   Linkname: Virus Warning's - Virus Help Denmark

i.e. opened OK after max nesting Alert! warning.

> A check in IRC showed this problem on at least another machine, so I
> report it now. I do not have Lynx 2.8, so I cannot be 100 percent sure,
> that the bug still exists.

What you didn't mention is what version you _do_ have (next time; good
trouble report).

See also:

     * Lynx 2.6 dies with [38] too many links on screen; Lynx 2.7 and up
       [39] won't.