Re: lynx-dev build of lynx2.8.1dev.10 failed on Solaris 2.6

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev build of lynx2.8.1dev.10 failed on Solaris 2.6
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 23:15:19 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what David Combs said:

> Uh, maybe I am stupid or something, but just what IS this
> "tagsoup" thing?  I've seen it go by so many times on this
> list, but until now I thought it was just a humorous way to
> refer to garbage html.

Tag soup, yes, started as a flippant term for the defacto grammar
associated with the defacto standard established by what Netscape
would accept.  Which has been pretty lax.  Or accepting,
depending on your preferred perversity.  Tag Soup became the code
name for the parser variant which is more accepting of things
like <B>foo<I>bar</B>waldo</I>.

Al