Re: lynx-dev Lynx bug

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx bug
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 22:21:51 +0100 (BST)

> That problem was corrected in Lynx 2-7-2.

Which problem?  There is the abort, which probably has been fixed,
and the failure to apply appropriate error recovery in the parser.

You can definitely argue that the behaviour is allowed to be undefined
for illegal input, and you could even argue that common misusage means
it is unsafe to close <B> automatically.  However, if it is going
to do error recovery at all, I think the </TD> implied by <TD> should
close out the <CENTER>, which was the real problem with this page.