Re: lynx-dev Re: Borland/DOS compilation problem

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Borland/DOS compilation problem
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 09:29:38 +0900 (JST)

> > INSTALLATION says I need  zlib  &  pdcurses  when installing for win 32,
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^
You need pdcurses to _compile_ the source code to build a working binary.  If
you just want to "install" Lynx on your Windows95/NT PC as you would any
other application, you want to download a pre-compiled binary.  Wayne,
the person who ported Lynx to Win32, keeps one on his server, I believe:

        read  "http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm";
        download the package "http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/lynx_w32.zip";
        (or "http://home1.gte.net/tailor/pub/ports/mingw32/directory.htm";)

In general, unless you are a c programmer and interested in Lynx development
there is no reason or even advantage to build a Win32 binary.

__Henry