Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.12 with slang seg faults

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.12 with slang seg faults
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 09:14:09 -0400 (EDT)

> On Sun, May 17, 1998, T.E.Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > Has anyone built dev.12 on Digital Unix 4.0 with slang 1.2.2?
> > I've not (I have slang for test-builds on more than one 32-bit platform,
> > but haven't tested slang on Digital Unix - to which I have occasional
> > access).
> >
> > Do you have DEC's compiler?  (the bit about -std1 is for that compiler;
> > I'll check if I set it properly in the script, but it does not apply
> > to gcc).
>
> Same thing happens with cc - display first page, then seg fault.  cc
> does seem to get rid of the complaint about pointers cast to int,
> though.
oh: I only noticed in your earlier message something about casts, and was
thinking about casting away const -- if you have some other warnings, I'm
interested in seeing those.

DEC's got a debugger of course - if I were testing this, I'd try to narrow
the problem down to a line number (compiling with -g).  Most problems like
this are easy to pinpoint (though of course the ones that account for most
of the time aren't ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden