Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.12 with slang seg faults

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.12 with slang seg faults
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:34:17 -0700

On Wed, May 20, 1998, T.E.Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

        [...]

> huh (an uncooperative bug).  Maybe core dumps are disabled in
> your ulimit setting (or perhaps Lynx is exiting on its own).

Ulimit is "unlimited", and I've been messing with this in
/tmp/warner to avoid disk quota problems.  Exiting on its own
sounds good - maybe I should have passed along the error message
in the first place:

A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.1dev.12

Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug, and if
confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.  Bug reports should have
concise descriptions of the command and/or URL which causes the
problem, the operating system name with version number, the TCPIP
implementation, and any other relevant information.

Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated.

Lynx now exiting with signal:  11
IOT trap

...and then back to the prompt.

--