Re: lynx-dev Re: Who do you send Windows 16 diffs to?

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Who do you send Windows 16 diffs to?
Date: Sun, 24 May 98 13:38:17 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
> Pity that the chartrans code was not left as a
> configure option in the latest releases, or you would have been able to
> generate an up-to-date lynx for 16-bit (I mean 3.0 and later) Windows,
> and something quite similar for old-fashioned Dos.

Why not instead make a _32-BIT_ version of Lynx for the 32-bit multitasking
protected mode operating system with virtual memory known as "Disk Operating
System" (DOS) and have chartrans and all other features of real Lynx? Just
because this would interfere with Mr./Ms. address@hidden's loyalty to Adolf
the Gates of Hell and his Windoze GUI?

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov