Re: lynx-dev http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/

From: Jacob Poon
Subject: Re: lynx-dev http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 15:40:00 -0400

On Thu, 21 May 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
>    I have been using Lynx for quite some time now, I use it because I hate
> GUI interfaces and I hate bloatware such as netscape IE etc....
>
> But they both have a feature that I have not been able to find with lynx
> and that is support for https, will/does lynx have this support in it?

Lynx does have this feature as a patch, but the only catch is that it is
only for qualified recipients via Lynx links.  That has something to do
with US export laws, but I don't support this theory since US versions of
ARJ, JAR, and Netscape/IE all come with 'forbidden encryptions', but their
primary sites don't block those files from the foreign users, and none of
involved parties have been sued so far.  (BTW, https issue doesn't have to
do with Win 98 court case.)

BTW, what do I need to become a qualified https patch recipient?  LL
doesn't say much on this.