lynx-dev DISP_PARTIAL problem

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev DISP_PARTIAL problem
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 12:00:18 +0400 (MSD)

>      * Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Partial Display
>      * From: Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>
>      * Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:40:00 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for "partial display", it really useful on slow links.
However, I first build Lynx 2.8.1dev.13 with DISP_PARTIAL
and got a problem if started "lynx -partial"

1) while retriving a long document, if press "End" once,
I got the screen reloaded many times (upper-right corner shows "page 40 of 40",
"page 41 of 41", "page 42 of 42" etc. until the document received completely.
It is interesting, "z" key have no effect for now
until the document received completely.

2) while retriving a document, the screen several times reloaded
at different scroll positions without pressing any key from my side.
Yes, after all it returns to the first page, but
why it scroll here and there before? (I saw it on *some links* only,
seems we need more investigation...)

Leonid.