Re: lynx-dev problem installing 2.8

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem installing 2.8
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 05:39:25 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi -
> Admittedly I'm not the world's best at using Linux, but I have
> some experience.  I presently have Linux-2.0.33, lynx-2.5 and
> nucurses 1.9.9e.
>
> I downloaded lynx2-8, created a directory to extract it, looked
> at the README and INSTALLATION, and typed:  ./configure
>
> I saw a message that I should get a later version of ncurses,
> so I stopped working with lynx and downloaded ncurses-4.2.
> I extracted it, did make, and ran the tests.  When they were
> successful, I did make install.  The README said it would take
> care of getting rid of the old ncurses files.
I'm not sure where you read that (it tries to accommodate old stuff, but
there's a lot of combinations that ncurses is installed as - my install
script will warn you about the ones where it cannot do things automatically,
such as migrating /usr/lib/terminfo to /usr/share/terminfo).

We need more info:
        + the configure options,
        + the actual warnings
        + the config.cache, config.status, config.log

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden