Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:41:16 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Lucian ION - 2AC said:

> Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 18:51:04 +0300 (EEST)
> From: Lucian ION - 2AC <address@hidden>
>
> hello, I'm a new user of lynx, I have two questions:
> 1) How can I see the hidden files with lynx (in DIRED mode?) (files that
> begin with ".")?

Edit the "NO_DOT_FILES:FALSE" line into lynx.cfg

> 2) I can't find the file lynx.cfg , is it possible for the configuration
> file to have other name than lynx.cfg? Is there a command in UNIX to find
> a file? Please help me on finding this file, I'm desperate, I tried all I
> know to find it.

Depending on your system, and how thoroughly it's hidden, try:

    strings `whence lynx` | grep -i cfg

    strings `whence lynx` | more

Some shells have no "whence" command.  Csh uses "which" instead of "whence".
"type lynx" may find you the full path with some shells.

    find / -name 'lynx*'

    find / -name '*cfg'

Warning:  "find" commands starting at root are expensive.

-- gil