Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:18:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 May 1998, David Combs wrote:

> > From: address@hidden (Michael Sokolov)
> <snip>
> >
> > Do something like:
> >
> > strings /usr/local/bin/lynx | grep "lynx.cfg"

> I just tried it, got nothing.

If you got an error message like

/usr/local/bin/lynx: No such file or directory

probably your lynx is not in /usr/local/bin. Use

whereis lynx

or

which lynx

to know where it is.

When I use the command suggested by Michael I get

lynx_cfg
/usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg
    -cfg=FILENAME    specifies a lynx.cfg file other than the default
lynx.cfg file not found as %s
# to TRUE in lynx.cfg, or use the -nofrom command line switch.  You also
# honored only if enabled via userdefs.h and/or lynx.cfg, and not
an unlimited number of download methods using the lynx.cfg file.
   an unlimited number of upload methods using the lynx.cfg file.

In the second line you see where lynx.cfg is.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden           |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.cam.org/~ismael/     |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |