Re: lynx-dev Lynx for OS/2

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx for OS/2
Date: 27 May 1998 13:53:21 -0600

>> Would you (documentation volunteers) prefer that I write up a separate
>> README.OS2 file, or that I write up patches to the standard INSTALL,

NHE> Before I throw in my $0.02, I want to hear what the various
NHE> opinions are among the list members.  This is just to let you
NHE> know that there is at least one very interested party.  Most
NHE> important is getting the documentation done, so do whatever
NHE> allows you to do the best job within your time constraints.

Well, I have a file with instructions on installing from the binary
distribution (which I haven't made yet), and on building Lynx from
sources on OS/2.  The problem is the hardware trouble I'm having
currently which I've alluded to before: all of my Lynx-related stuff,
including that file, is on an HPFS-formatted ZIP disk which I can no
longer access.  Since I got back from a week's vacation, the ATAPI ZIP
driver for OS/2 now crashes my system on startup (it worked fine
before).

If I can't get to that disk, I may try rewriting the instructions and
starting over on my Lynx binary-distribution for OS/2 next week.

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                    R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |