Re: lynx-dev Building Lynx for OS/2

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Building Lynx for OS/2
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 16:25:08 -0400 (EDT)

> FWIW, the PDKSH on hobbes works fine with autoconf.  It's not strictly
> true that you need a newer one.  ASH, from
> http://www.arrakis.es/~worm/ works fine, too, and is what I used when
> porting Lynx.
I'd not looked for a couple of months, but when I built pdksh in December,
it was because the one one hobbes (and leo) did not work properly (from
the change notes, this was a bug that was fixed in pdksh last summer,
so older ones are broken: among other things, the code that processed
continuation-lines in here-documents did not work properly, so ncurses
did not build -- I don't think there's a direct impact on lynx, since I
don't recall generating lists for the makefiles in that program).

(I just checked: the binaries on hobbes are the old ones, and don't work
properly).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden