Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 14:16:00 -0400

"T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> paths are still there.  Note also that trace logging
>> doesn't yet work with the lynx_w32 binary, and works
>> but can't be accessed via the ';' command in the MingW32
>> binary, but presumably those problems will be dealt
>> with in future v2.8.1dev# WIN/NT binaries.
>
>as of the past couple of patches, the trace-logging should work on
win32 --
>barring legacy bugs which exist in the 2.7.2 version (causing various
>interesting problems with color).  I'll be back to debugging that in
the
>next day or so, along with more fixes for the erstwhile 'tempname()'
code.

I don't know way legacy bugs you have in mind, since v2.7.2 has no
curses color support (only via slang) nor any DOS/WIN/NT support.

It appeared from the CHANGES log that you had finished the trace
logging project, but it's been a while since we've heard from Wayne,
so I was wondering if he hasn't yet found time to check out the newer
devel code, or ran into problems generating a binary with it.  Beyond
the pseudo-redirection issue, the path for accessing Lynx.trace via
the ';' command appears to be malformed in both his Borland binary,
and the MingW32 binary (which no longer appears available via the
posted gte.com link).

Fote
--
Foteos Macrides