Re: lynx-dev Black background wanted

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Black background wanted
Date: 28 May 1998 16:45:29 -0600

JP> I'm using Lynx 2.7.2 for OS/2 which probably uses NCURSES, and I have
JP> TERM set to ansi-color-2, which defaults to blue background.

JP> How do I change this, or any other colour setting?

Use ansi-color-3, or rewrite your terminfo files, or use Lynx 2.8.
Lynx 2.7.2 doesn't support user-defined color with ncurses.  The
binary distribution of 2.8 for OS/2 (once I can recover it from my
non-working ZIP drive) is built with color-styles, making setting your
colors quite simple (though with the current os/2-ncurses build,
1.9.9g, background colors don't work _quite_ right.)  Until I can get
that binary distribution out, you'll have to configure and compile it
yourself; the current experimental source distribution compiles fine
out of the box if you have the other necessary pieces (autoconf, ash
or pdksh, and ncurses).

BTW, the 2.7.2 port for OS/2 is none of my doing; when it came out I
was busy working on porting the 2.8 developmental code.  The 2.7.2
port seems to be based on my patches for 2.7.1, but I've heard a lot
of reports of it not running at all.

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                    R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |