lynx-dev lynx 2.8

From: Nita Hyde
Subject: lynx-dev lynx 2.8
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 10:25:16 -0400 (EDT)

        I have upgraded an RS6000 from AIX 3.2.5 to AIX 4.3.  On the
original machine, we had lynx 2.4.2 running which was installed by someone
else when the machine was first put into production.  I have basically no
knowledge of how to install third-party-vendor software on the RS6000 and
am basically a novice at this.  Assume I know nothing and you'll be in the
right ball park.
        I downloaded lynx 2.8 and ran the configure script.  It displayed
a screen or two of messages and then aborted with

                error: cannot link curses library

I'm stuck.  I have no idea what to do about this.  I've checked online but
find nothing of help.  The installation guide mentions ncurses and slang
but also appears to me to indicate that these do not work with AIX.  Any
help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Nita Hyde, Systems Programmer
Alachua County School Board
Gainesville, FL.
(352) 955-7500 Ext. 248