Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX-DEV default bookmark location

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX-DEV default bookmark location
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 15:03:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Max Devlin wrote:

> >You need to write a batch file to specify your HOME directory. (See the
>
> Is this some DOS equivalent of .lynxrc? Can you be more  specific about
> how I do this as I've never used DOS (Sorry to be a pain and ask such a
> basic question..)
>
> Also, the readme file says to set some env variables, but doesnt mention
> where. Are they done somewhere in DOS or lynx? Is there a faq with
> novice level examples?
>
> I assume the cfg file will accept standard DOS filenames once this is done.
> Kudos to the Dev team for such a nice program. Unix power surfing is geat.

I can't find the original mail to which this is a followup. It probably
helps when setting up the DOS port of lynx for the first time to get
one of the packages that has batch files and instructions included. You
might try Bill Schiavo's blynx or the package available from me. If you
use the package from my site, read the comments at the beginning of each
batch file. Write back if these don't help you.

"ftp://leb.net/pub/blinux/lynx/blynx386/blynx386.exe";
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/lynx2.8.1dev.13-DOS.zip";
"ftp://ftp.rahul.net/pub/dkaufman/lynx2.8.1dev.13-DOS.zip";

                                Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)