Re: lynx-dev Lynx won't interrupt URL guessing process

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx won't interrupt URL guessing process
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 21:20:01 +0400 (MSD)

> Lynx 2.7.2 (Sun)
>
> When I manually entered this URL:
>
>   cs.utronto.ca/~gt
>
> It gave the following message:
>
>   Looking up www.cs.utronto.ca.org
>
> When I press 'z' key, Lynx did not interrupt this URL lookup as it
> normally does when I enter a complete URL.  The screen halted for a minute
> or two, until I suspended Lynx then came back with following messages:
>
>   Getting file://localhost/homes/u2/csc324h/a324poon/cs.utronto.ca/~gt
>   Can't Access `file://localhost/homes/u/csc324h/a324poon/cs.utronto.ca/~gt'

the similar problem was reported for lynx 2.8:
1998-03-25 (2.8.1dev.4)
* restore original string in LYUtils.c when user enters a badly formed or
  nonexistent URL when prompted for Goto/history list (patch by Randall
  <address@hidden>).  Otherwise Lynx would always attempt to load a
  local file if the original string omits scheme:// prefix but guessing fails.