Re: lynx-dev v.2.8 ftp download

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev v.2.8 ftp download
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 18:08:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Brian Lenane wrote:

> I downloaded v.2.8 and I can't find an exe file after unzipping.  I have a
> bunch of files I can do nothing with.  I'd like to install it so I can use it
> from both dos and Windows 95.    Brian

You downloaded the wrong file. That was the source code for those
compiling their own version. There are separate DOS and Win95 versions,
although the DOS version may work in a DOS window under Win95. For
information on the DOS and Win95 versions see:
"http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm";.

For an executable for DOS, with the batch files necessary to run it see
my web or ftp sites. You will need a dialer and ppp program in addition
to this file, but the links are given in the README.DOS file.
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/lynx2.8.1dev.13-DOS.zip";
"ftp://ftp.rahul.net/pub/dkaufman/lynx2.8.1dev.13-DOS.zip";

Another port to DOS is by Bill Schiavo, and can be found at:
"ftp://leb.net/blinux/lynx/blynx386/";
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman