Re: lynx-dev show_cursor? (fwd)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev show_cursor? (fwd)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 18:28:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Al Gilman wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from address@hidden -----
>
> 1) r to remove links doesn't work on my ISP -- so it it complied wrong?

You didn't give us all the details, but "r" to remove links only works
if lynx knows that it is the bookmark file that you are using. If the
bookmark file is your STARTFILE, "r" may not work. Try going to your
bookmark file using the "v" key, then see if it works. If not, the only
fix may be to upgrade to a newer version of lynx. You can always delete
links using a text editor on your bookmark file (but make a backup
first).

> 2) since enabling L for multi-bookmarks, the show_cursor flag no longer
> operates, which I *need*

I suspect that you just found that lynx uses toggles, which can be
retoggled in different ways to give confusing results. I suspect that
you invoked lynx as "lynx -show_cursor". When you saved your options to
.lynxrc, this saved the "show cursor ON" setting. If you then invoke
with "lynx -show_cursor" the toggle will turn "show cursor" OFF. If this
is what you did, just invoke lynx as plain "lynx" and "show cursor"
should be working. To check this, go into your option menu with the "o"
key. This should give the current setting of the "show cursor" flag. If
what you did is different from this, please send a message with the
details to "address@hidden".
                          Doug

__
Doug Kaufman