Re: lynx-dev Just an FYI

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Just an FYI
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 22:30:16 -0700

Michael Sokolov wrote:

>    Bela Lubkin <address@hidden> wrote:
> > If you spend a couple of minutes reading through that output, you should
> > be able to figure out the problem.
>
>    Figuring out the workings of a 200 KB infernal script is not something a
> normal (or even paranormal) human can do in "a couple of minutes". Sorry, I
> have better uses for my time.

I guess I'm neither, then.  I looked at the output file you posted,
looked through for "error" messages, and quickly noticed that all
compiles after a certain point were failing with an error message
regarding "-Olimit 600".  I then searched "configure" for "600", finding
exactly one match, which was in the Ultrix lobe of one of the case
statements.  I assure you this took me less than 5 minutes, probably
less than 2.

You assert that it took less time for you to put that error file up on
your HTTP server, and post a taunt to the Lynx list, than it would have
taken it scan through it and try to understand the error messages?