Re: lynx-dev Linux/ncurses/Lynx 2.8 no-bold links

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Linux/ncurses/Lynx 2.8 no-bold links
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 21:34:36 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello Thomas,
>
> The results were the same - only reverse video for links, not bold.
that's BSD curses - right? - it can't do bold.

> I did try configure with that option, but the script appears not to honor it.
> Also, as a diagnostic, I try configure --with-screen=FOO, and the resulting
> files created are identical to those created --with-screen=ncurses
>
> I tried wading through the configure script, but it's not very clear to me
> what's happening.  I have tentatively concluded that since configure believes
> there is only an older version of ncurses, the --with-screen directives are
> ignored altogether.
no - it will build and "work", but color combinations won't work properly.
I test-build occasionally against ncurses 1.8.7, 1.9.4, 1.9.9e and 4.x

>  gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2/specs
> gcc version 2.7.2
>
> I have installed ncurses version 4.2, but am aparently unable to
> build lynx using these new libraries.
what sort of problems?  (you have to remove config.cache before switching
to a different environment - that's the only problem that people seem to
have with the Lynx configure script).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden