lynx-dev 500 error problem

From: Richard Stafursky
Subject: lynx-dev 500 error problem
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:58:48 -0400 (EDT)

We have been living with the 500 error form rejection problem for a year
or more now. We create a form (or clone a form that works under Netscape)
but it fails under lynx. Once again, it seems to be that all cgi scripts
do not recognize a POST/GET and say no end of file sent by lynx.

If you can give us the URL of a lynx created and sent form to non lynx
created site, etc. please give us that and we can copy it.

Also, if you can give us a downloadable cgi script and the subdirectory
set up (i.e. '~', home, etc.) please show us a simple cgi arrangement that
works for recieving lynx sent form data.

Yes, we know lynx has no control of how form data is processed. Yes, that
IS the point. What are these cgi sites lookin for and why do form that
have worked in the past stopped working?

Sincerely,

Richard Stafursky
Voice phone: 302-645-5592
address@hidden

World Species List - Natural Features Registry Institute

World Species List (WSL):
http://envirolink.org/species/
subscribe specieslist <your name>, To: address@hidden

Natural Feature Registry (NFR):