Re: lynx-dev email in lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev email in lynx
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:33:33 +0100 (BST)

Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 22:03:24 +500
                                ^^^^ Must be four digits.  US EST is -0500

> Even the navigator stand alone browser has full email capabiliy.  I use lynx

I'm not sure about Navigator, but Internet Explorer doesn't.  It has an
unhealthily close relationship with Outlook, but you can really treat them
as independent, cooperating programs, much in the same way as one could
presumably integrate Pegasus Mail and Lynx under DOS (although I think only
the Windows versions have hooks for launching a browser on a URL in the mail).

I'd certainly vote against any further integration of email into Lynx.

(Outlook possibly uses a common HTML formatting DLL for handling HTML
email.)