Re: lynx-dev email in lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev email in lynx
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 11:07:22 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Dennis Reichel said:

>  Hi, so am I correct in understanding that lynx can serve as a
> menu allowing shell users to execute applications?

You bet.  Commonly so used in freenets.

> Are there special security considerations involved if this is
> enabled?  (such as protection from maliciously designed
> content...)

Again, dead on.  But you have to ask the man who owns one
(freenet setup).  The people who understand security the best
talk about it the least.  Henry Nelson did write up a beginner's
guide to installing for anonymous use, I believe, but I failed
to link it from the FAQ and don't know where it is.

> As always, the content on this list is quite informative.

Flattery will get you everywhere.

Al