Re: lynx-dev Lynx won't interrupt URL guessing process

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx won't interrupt URL guessing process
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 15:40:58 +0400 (MSD)

>      * Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx won't interrupt URL guessing process
>      * From: Jacob Poon <address@hidden>

> > > When I manually entered this URL:
> > >
> > >   cs.utronto.ca/~gt
> > >
> > > It gave the following message:
> > >
> > >   Looking up www.cs.utronto.ca.org
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, lynx won't interrupt URL guessing for some unknown reason,
as a workaround I may recommend to disable any URL_DOMAIN_SUFFIXES guessing
in lynx.cfg:
URL_DOMAIN_SUFFIXES:
instead of
#URL_DOMAIN_SUFFIXES:.com,.edu,.org,.net

>From another side, as a user outside of US (actually from ".ru")
I may propose to fix the code to disable any url_domain_suffixes guessing
if the domain name ends with a two-letters name,
which usually denote the country code.