Re: lynx-dev Remove key?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Remove key?
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 06:30:28 -0400 (EDT)

980606 Marc Williams wrote:
> I always forget what keys to use to scroll up/down a line or two.
> Of the several keys mentioned one is Remove for scrolling down.
> What key on the board is considered the Remove key?
> The ^p works just fine anyway but was just wondering.

lynx.cfg (c line 1400) says:

# Special keys map to:
#         Up Arrow: 0x100
#       Down Arrow: 0x101
#      Right Arrow: 0x102
#       Left Arrow: 0x103
#        Page Down: 0x104
#          Page Up: 0x105
#      Keypad Home: 0x106
#       Keypad End: 0x107
#   Function key 1: 0x108
# vt100   Help Key: 0x108
# vt100     Do Key: 0x109
# vt100   Find Key: 0x10A
# vt100 Select Key: 0x10B
# vt100 Insert Key: 0x10C
# vt100 Remove Key: 0x10D
-- a few lines snipped --
#KEYMAP:^P:UP_TWO       # Move display up two lines
#KEYMAP:0x10C:UP_TWO    # Function key Insert - Move display up two lines
#KEYMAP:^N:DOWN_TWO     # Move display down two lines
#KEYMAP:0x10D:DOWN_TWO  # Function key Remove - Move display down two lines

so it looks as if Remove is a special key on a VT100 terminal.

like many people, i use my PC to emulate a VT100
& i have found another mystery about key-mapping:
the list of keys given by  k  says  PageUp/Down = PREV/NEXT_PAGE ,
BUT in fact those keys give me  UP/DOWN_TWO ;
either  PageUp/Down  on my standard 101-key PC keyboard are  0x10C/D ,
contrary to the 1st list above, or the 2nd list should read
 KEYMAP:0x104:UP_TWO  &  KEYMAP:0x105:DOWN_TWO .
my guess is the former is correct &  lynx.cfg  needs correcting to
 Page Down: 0x104  &  Page Up: 0x105 .