Re: lynx-dev Help: Lynx-386 with PPP/modem/DOS ?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Help: Lynx-386 with PPP/modem/DOS ?
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 17:50:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Post Georg wrote:

> How can I run Lynx under MS-DOS with a PPP/modem link to my
> Internet Provider ?
>
> I have the freeware package  " PPPD for DOS 0.5 alpha "
> (ported from Linux to Dos !?)  and I can use their "EPPPD"  packet driver
> for my modem, with the appropriate "chat" scripts
> and config and batch files.

DOSPPP is the most common way to run lynx for DOS. See the package at
the below URL, which has batch files ready to customize for running with
DOSPPP, MSKERMIT, and CUTCP. You probably want to upgrade to the 0.6
pre-beta version of DOSPPP, since with this version you can run EPPPD
and use MSKERMIT as your telnet client. The binary in the package below
has a bug that doesn't allow removal of links from your bookmark list
with the "r" command. A new version with the bug fixed will be uploaded
soon (probably dev.14).
"ftp://ftp.rahul.net/pub/dkaufman/lynx2.8.1dev.13-DOS.zip";
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/lynx2.8.1dev.13-DOS.zip";
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman