lynx-dev Minor problem with Lynx

From: Bruce M. Vrana (302) 774-2341; Fax 774-2457
Subject: lynx-dev Minor problem with Lynx
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:57:00 -0400 (EDT)

I've encountered a minor discrepency between what Lynx does and
other browsers, such as Netscape or MSIE, and thought I'd report
it in case you were unaware of it.  This happens both in 2.7.2,
which my ISP has, and in 2.8 which I tried on a public telnet
site, and has happened in prior versions of Lynx I've used as
well.

With certain links which are themselves maps, clicking on them in
MSIE or NS goes directly to the default action of the map.  Lynx,
on the other hand, then gives a menu of the possible actions in
the map.  You can then choose to do the default action, but of
course this entails an extra click.  And some sites which look at
what page you linked from are fooled into thinking you didn't
come from the appropriate page.

An example can be found at
www.successmarketplace.com/shops/gel-a-bed
Clicking on the first banner at the top of the page in IE goes
directly to a form page.  Lynx goes first to a menu of the
actions in the map.  And the form thinks the last page you
visited was this menu of the map, not the gel-a-bed page, which
causes problems.

Is there any way to specify to use the default action in the map
from the original page?  I looked through the key map and tried a
few other keys, but nothing seemed to do what I wanted.  If not,
is this something which could be added to the developers' list?

Thanks very much for continuing to develop and improve Lynx.  It
is truly a great piece of software, which I use for probably 95%
of my browsing due to its sheer speed.  Please let me know if you
need any other info in order to consider this request.