Re: lynx-dev Bookmark remove bug in Lynx 2.8

From: Irving_Wolfe
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bookmark remove bug in Lynx 2.8
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:30:02 -0700

Thanks a million!  This bad behavior was the
single most annoying and scary thing about lynx,
and now, thanks to you, it is not a problem.
In my case, it was deleting a _later_ bookmark
and the solution was also the opposite, removing
a newline that had been added by accident before
href.

On Sat, Jun 13, 1998 at 01:25:07PM +0400,
Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> > * Subject: lynx-dev Bookmark remove
> > * bug in Lynx 2.8 From: Alachua
> > * Freenet Administrative/Tech Support
> > * <address@hidden>
> >
> > A user on my system had a large
> > bookmarks file (over 200 bookmarks) and
> > when she tried to delete a bookmark,
> > it would not remove the highlighted
> > bookmark but instead delete one several
> > bookmarks before the highlighted entry.
>
> I saw this behavior myself.  After I
> spent some time for investigation it
> happens this was _after_ my hand editing
> of bookmarks.html:  I add one more space
> before href= or so (HTML syntax was not

Regards,
 - Irving
--
 address@hidden     Wolfe Internet Access, L.L.C.
 +1 206 812 4000, ext.101   2001 Sixth Avenue, Ste. 2328

WolfeNet's friendly, knowledgeable people and superior
Internet bandwidth can help your business prosper & grow.