lynx-dev Persistent Cookie Support v0.hack.0

From: Rob Partington
Subject: lynx-dev Persistent Cookie Support v0.hack.0
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 21:59:13 +0100 (BST)

Ok, I've had a small bash at this today, and I've got hacked in
support for persistent cookies for 2.8p16 (or whatever the latest
one was yesterday).

It's not perfect (by a long shot!), and you have to manually save
the cookie file, but it works.  The Microsoft personal information
centre remembers who am I now, which is a start...  :->

However, there are still some problems - because of the way cookies
are implemented at the moment, sensible persistent cookie support
may well require extensive modifications of the existing code[1].
Also, some sites don't seem to use cookies if you're using Lynx -
either that, or I'm doing something different between IE and Lynx.
*shrug*  Two that spring to mind are www.nytimes.com and
www.myownemail.com - neither let you log in using cookies if you're
using Lynx.

If anyone wants to try my version, mail me and I'll send you a
patch.  I might even get the patch on the web in the next couple
of days.

Rob
(once-again Lynx hacker)

[1] From what I can see of my quick scan today.  Having said that,
    though, I've just had a thought that probably makes my last
    statement invalid.  Ho hum.  :-P