Re: lynx-dev 50 Lines in Windows 95

From: James ''Webmaster Jim'' Spath
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 50 Lines in Windows 95
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 09:56:45 -0400

On Sat, Jun 13, 1998 at 10:08:24PM -0700, Kelly Ford wrote:
> My apologies if this question is better directed someplace else.  I'm
> running Lynx under Windows 95 and would like to get 50 lines to display on
> the screen if possible.  I typically have this working when dialing into my
> shell account and appreciate the greater amount of text on the screen at a
> given time.
> I know how to tell Windows 95 to use a 50 line display but am not sure how
> to instruct Lynx to take advantage of the greater display size.  Under Unix
> this gets set in my login configurations and Lynx handles things correctly.
>  Is there an option I can tell Lynx under Windows 95 to handle this?

This is the best place.

IIRC, I have an icon on my WinNT desktop to launch Lynx, and I have set
the properties of that "shortcut" to have a specific font and terminal
size.  I use 40-some rows, myself.  Properties are accessed with
right-mouse-click on the shortcut.

Hope this helps.
------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Come on then; let's get this over with as soon as possible.