Re: lynx-dev 2.8 build fails w/ SSLeay 0.8.1

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8 build fails w/ SSLeay 0.8.1
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 15:15:02 -0400 (EDT)

> Building Lynx 2.8, with the SSL diffs dated 3/9/98, fails at this point:
>
> In file included from ../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/HTTP.c:16:
> /usr/local/lib/ssl/include/crypto.h:187: parse error before `free_func'
> /usr/local/lib/ssl/include/crypto.h:187: parse error before `)'
> make[1]: *** [../../Library/unix/HTTP.o] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> The error messages sound as if something is wrong with the crypto.h header
> file, but this seems unlikely.  I have SSLeay installed as shared
> libraries and linked to several apps (including Lynx 2.7.2), which have
> all been working perfectly for many months.
offhand I don't know (I did build the SSLeay patched-version with 2.8).
When I get one of those, I look at the C preprocessor expansion, e.g.,
make a rule for HTTP.i, substituting the "-c" option to "-E -C", and
redirecting output to the target file, i.e.,
HTTP.o: HTTP.c
        $(CC) $(OPTIONS) -c HTTP.c
becomes

HTTP.i: HTTP.c
        $(CC) $(OPTIONS) -E -C HTTP.c >$@

(I would have a suffix rule in the WWW file, but did not want to rewrite
the existing makefile since it's used by dgjpp).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden