lynx-dev Re: How to use lynx on a PC (was: No Subject)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: How to use lynx on a PC (was: No Subject)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:44:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, J. Gallant wrote:

>    A friend Emailed me LYNX in the form of a gigantic file called lynx2-8.
> I copied it into my hard drive (on a pentium PC) and unzipped it.  My
> question now is:  how do I run it?  I can't find any *.exe files in its
> directory, and sever *.com files don't do anything, or, when run, make my
> PC lose its mind and reboot.  Nothing brings up a screen in which URLs can
> be entered.

It sounds like you got the archive containing source code. You didn't
say what operating system you use on your PC, but lynx is available for
DOS, Windows95, and WindowsNT. See information at the following URL
about the lynx ports and where to get working binaries. If you are
planning to run in DOS, there are choices of three different packages.
You might try the package available from my web or ftp site.

"http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm";
                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman